CiteIt.net code is open source (MIT license), both on the client and server-side.
A WordPress plugin that makes it easy to set up and add CiteIt.net-style citation to any WordPress blog. One nice thing about this plugin is that it adds two new buttons to the editor, for the majority of people who do not hand-code their HTML
See simple sample code that marks up citations and calls the web service.
If you want to use CiteIt.net with a CMS or other platform, this code should give you an idea of how to adapt your code.
- Html template: example citations
- Php template: submit a URL to the web service to be indexed
- Php template: call web service to create a text version of page URL
2) Python API Server
- This program accepts a URL “POST” request
- The program downloads the contents of the POSTED URL and looks for <blockquote cite=”URL1″> and <q cite=URL2″> tags.
- It then downloads the contents of each URL and calculates the context immediately prior and after the quote
- It saves the results to a SQL-lite or PostgreSQL database (todo)
- It saves a JSON file to the local filesystem
- It (optionally) uploads the JSON file up to a Cloud Service
2 ways to run the webservice:
Want to Get Involved?
I’m looking for web authors to provide feedback on the WordPress plugin.
If you’re a developer, check out a list of tasks to be done
If you think you can help or have other feedback, send me an email.
Open Source License
The code for these CiteIt.net programs is licensed under the Open-Source MIT License.