This morning I got the Cite API working for the first time!
Ever since my brother helped me create a new version of the code that was designed to work with Amazon Lamba I’ve felt like I needed to clean up my Git repository to clear out my old code.
At the Central PA Open Source Conference in September, a participant encouraged me to use Docker instead of Lamba for tasks like web crawling because you end up paying for all the time when you are waiting for a response.
So I move all the latest code out of Lamba and into a fresh Docker instance.
The server is hosted at Digital Ocean and mapped to the subdomain api.citeit.net.